2020 KTM 65 SX
Fast Has No Age Limit: The KTM 65 SX is a fully-fledged race machine for young pilots aged between 8 and 12 years. This little flyer features the latest WP XACT front forks with revolutionary AER technology, ultra-cool graphics and a power delivery that sets the benchmark in its class. Like its larger counterparts, the KTM 65 SX has ride dynamics, quality equipment and superior craftsmanship, providing winning performance to young competitors.
- KTM 2-strokes have been tearing up MX tracks for decades and are undoubtedly the fastest on the track today. Thanks to years of ongoing development, these engines are the benchmark in performance and technology, with the perfect combination of power, weight and control. For 2020, the KTM 65 SX features a reworked ignition curve, pushing its class-leading performance another step further. In addition, the bike comes with a new jet needle in the bypack, giving the rider the chance to further fine-tune the machine to different tracks.
- The KTM 65 SX features cutting-edge 2-stroke technology and an easy-to-shift 6-speed transmission with a hydraulic clutch. Benefitting from a reworked ignition curve, the cylinder, with its pressure-controlled exhaust valve, continues to provide class-leading power and plenty of torque. The KTM 65 SX features cutting-edge 2-stroke technology and an easy-to-shift 6-speed transmission with a hydraulic clutch. Benefitting from a reworked ignition curve, the cylinder, with its pressure-controlled exhaust valve, continues to provide class-leading power and plenty of torque.
- Cylinder: The high performance cylinder features a pressure-controlled exhaust valve (PCEV) and provides unrivaled performance within the highly competitive 65 cc class.
- Clutch: An outstanding feature of the KTM 65 SX is the hydraulic clutch made by FORMULA. It provides easy clutch action and well-defined modulation.
- An intelligent cooling circuit with integrated crankcase cooling and two radiators improves the heat dissipation and ensures a constant temperature balance for consistent, high performance.An intelligent cooling circuit with integrated crankcase cooling and two radiators improves the heat dissipation and ensures a constant temperature balance for consistent, high performance.
- KTM engineers just love finding ways to reduce weight. The changes made on 2019 KTM SX models resulted in the slimmest, lightest dirt bikes out there and that honor is retained for 2020.
- The modern frame is made from lightweight, high strength chromoly steel profiles and combines maximum longitudinal stiffness with optimum torsional rigidity. It guarantees easy handling and precise cornering, but also outstanding stability.
- Swingarm: The KTM 65 SX is fitted with a lightweight cast aluminum swingarm. Conceived using the latest in calculation and simulation software, the focus of the design was for minimum weight, optimum stiffness and precisely defined flexibility. In addition, it features a robust 2-compound chain guide, similar to the full-size models.
- Like the full-size KTM Factory racers, the 65 SX has super lightweight, black anodized, aluminum rims providing the highest strength and durability. The OEM MAXXIS knobby tires grip superbly on any surface.
- Front suspension: The KTM 65 SX is the first model in its class to be fitted with a modern, fully adjustable air fork: the WP XACT fork with AER technology. The upside-down front fork with a 35 mm tube diameter and 215 mm of travel ensures outstanding comfort, damping characteristics and directional stability. Another main benefit for junior riders is that the air spring fitted in the left fork leg can be adjusted perfectly to the rider's weight using a simple air pump.
- Rear suspension: The high quality WP XACT shock absorber is linked directly to the swingarm, providing excellent damping performance. It is fully adjustable, meaning you can set the damping perfectly to suit the rider's preference and track conditions. The shock absorber allows for 270 mm of rear wheel travel.
- The front and rear brakes have massive 4 piston calipers that grip lightweight wave brake discs - 198 mm front and 160 mm rear. The hydraulic brake system is easy to control and ensures the best deceleration and the highest standard when it comes to performance.
- In the heat of the battle, READY TO RACE ergonomics give you the edge on the track, allowing you to ride harder for longer.
- The high-quality anodized handlebar made from aluminum alloy has the perfect bend to suit the ergonomics and the highest strength. A slide pad on the handlebar brace protects the rider in the event of contact.
- The bodywork is derived from the full-size SX models and provides perfect ergonomics, well-thought-out contact points and maximum freedom of movement for the rider. In addition, smart design solutions for the front and rear fenders are prime examples of an intelligent design, which guarantees maximum stability and strength.
- The 2020 KTM SX models feature the latest in-mold graphics, matching the factory-look orange frames and bodywork perfectly. They have a fast and aggressive style that screams READY TO RACE, leaving no doubt as to the bikes' high-performance intentions.
- Displacement: 64.9 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Bore: 45 mm
- Stroke: 40.8 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc clutch, Formula hydraulics
- EMS: AET digital
- Frame design: Central-tube frame with double-cradle
- Front suspension: XACT 35 WP Upside-Down fork, Ø 35 mm
- Rear suspension: XACT WP mono shock
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 198 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 160 mm
- Chain: 1/2 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 64.5 °
The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production models and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice. No rights may be derived from incorrect statements.
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke
- 64.9 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 45 mm x 40.8 mm
- Fuel System
- AET digital
- Front Suspension
- XACT 35 WP Upside-Down fork, Ø 35 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- XACT WP mono shock
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Final Drive
- Chain: 1/2 x 1/4 in.